You must Log in or Register to gain full forum access

Εγγραφείτε στο φόρουμ, είναι εύκολο και γρήγορο

My Garmin Sat Nav
Καλώς ήλθατε στο My Garmin Sat Nav ‼️

Πρέπει να συνδεθείτε ή να κάνετε εγγραφή γιά να έχετε πρόσβαση σε όλο το forum

Welcome to My Garmin Sat Nav !!

You must Log in or Register to gain full forum access

My Garmin Sat Nav
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.

Garmin founders win Economist's Innovation Award for Consumer Products

Πήγαινε κάτω

Garmin founders win Economist's Innovation Award for Consumer Products Empty Garmin founders win Economist's Innovation Award for Consumer Products

Δημοσίευση από Santosan Σαβ 17 Νοε 2012 - 14:00

Με το βραβειο καινοτομιας για καταναλωτικα προιοντα οσο αφορα τις φορητες συσκευες πλοηγησης βραβευτηκαν απο το [Πρέπει να είστε εγγεγραμμένοι και συνδεδεμένοι για να δείτε αυτόν το σύνδεσμο.] οι ιδρυτες της Garmin Gary Burrell & Dr. Min Kao αυτη την εβδομαδα. Νωριτερα αυτον τον μηνα οι δυο συναδελφοι "εγκατασταθηκαν" στο "Aviation Hall Of Fame" του Κανσας διπλα σε ιστορικες προσωπικοτητες του χωρου της αεροπλοιας οπως ο Clyde Cessna, ο Bill Lear, οι Walter & Olive Beech κ.λ.π. Απο τοτε που γεννηθηκε η ιδεα της Garmin το 1989, εχουν περασει 23 χρονια & παραπανω απο 100 εκατομμυρια προιοντα.

[Πρέπει να είστε εγγεγραμμένοι και συνδεδεμένοι για να δείτε αυτή την εικόνα.]

Λεπτομερειες:

In 1989, Gary Burrell and Dr. Min Kao stood around a card table with a couple fellow engineers, discussing how a constellation of satellites could benefit people's lives. This week, the founders of Garmin were honored with the Economist Group 2012 Innovation Award for Consumer Products for Garmin’s portable navigation devices.

Earlier this month, Gary and Min were inducted into the Kansas Aviation Hall of Fame, joining an elite group that includes Clyde Cessna, Bill Lear, Walter and Olive Beech and other aviation icons.

The Economist Group's awards recognize significant contributions across eight fields ranging from telecoms to social altruism.

“We are very honored to receive this prestigious award and humbled that Garmin is included among some of the biggest thinkers and best brands in the world,” said Min upon accepting the award on behalf of Garmin this week in London.

Gary and Min cropWhen asked to describe his "eureka" moment, Min shared this story: "My “eureka” moment had a delayed response. It was a casual dinner at an unassuming restaurant. I was in conversation with an engineering co-worker, Gary Burrell, a man of intelligence and integrity. We talked about the not-yet completed satellite navigation constellation and its potential as the base technology for future consumer products. The flashes of creating products for pilots, boaters, drivers, hunters and hikers that would provide safety and convenience and enrich people’s lives, flowed through our minds and into our conversation. At that time, and the months to follow, I was running on adrenaline, decidedly more anxious than euphoric. Twenty-three years and over 100 million products later, I recognize it as a life-changing event. My eureka moment."

Ribbon Cutting Olate Office_1996Tom Standage, Digital Editor at The Economist and Chairman of the panel of 29 judges, said of the award decision: “The Economist's Innovation Awards recognize the dreamers and the doers behind the innovations that transform the world we live in. Through their vision and creativity, this year’s winners have created important products and services. Whether in household names or behind-the-scenes breakthroughs, their innovative contributions have become part of everyday life for millions of people.” The awards ceremony formed the culmination of The Economist’s year-long program of engagement around innovation and was streamed live worldwide.

For more details please visit: [Πρέπει να είστε εγγεγραμμένοι και συνδεδεμένοι για να δείτε αυτόν το σύνδεσμο.]

Santosan
Santosan
Administrator
Administrator

Άντρας Ηλικία : 54
Τόπος : Athens - West Side
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 06/10/2012
Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 10879

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή

- Παρόμοια θέματα

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτή